CHOOSING THE RIGHT TRACK FOR URBAN CONDITIONS
Several conurbations in South America, India and the Far East are building or planning metros to cope with a huge rise in population. The author draws on five year's experience as Deconsult's chief consulting engineer to the Sao Paulo metro--which opened last September--to present and discuss technical and economic criteria for the choice of track design and components, and for the design and installation of concrete slab track with vibration suppression.
IPC Transport Press, LimitedDorset House, Stamford Street
London SE1 9LU, England
- Hehenberger, W
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Concrete slab track; Costs; Environmental protection; Maintenance of way; Noise control; Railroad tracks; Rapid transit; Structural design; Vibration control
- Uncontrolled Terms: Track design
- Subject Areas: Environment; Finance; Public Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00081388
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Developing Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1982 12:00AM