MOTIVE POWER POLICY ADJUSTS TO RISING OIL PRICES
Despite doubling of diesel fuel costs in 1974, SAR still plans to phase out steam by the mid-1980s. Electrification schemes will be brought forward, and as the break-even point with diesel has dropped from 61 to 17 trains per day, electric traction will probably be expanded to cover lines not included in earlier plans.
IPC Transport Press, LimitedDorset House, Stamford Street
London SE1 9LU, England
- Loubser, J H
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Diesel fuels; Economic analysis; Horsepower; Railroad electrification
- Identifier Terms: Spoornet
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel fuel costs; Motive power
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00081387
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Developing Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1975 12:00AM