WHAT ARE THE FACTORS EFFECTING THE SAFETY,ECONOMICS,AND FLEXIBILITY OF OVERHEAD SIGNS,SIGN SUPPORTS,AND SIGN LIGHTING MAINTENANCE?
Typical maintenance tasks are defined and an attempt is made to relate these tasks to the whole system of high speed traffic operations. The study focuses attention on the area of overhead signs, support systems, sign lighting items, and related matters, and analyzes the inter-relationships between the high speed freeway and expressway operations, and a safe efficient and flexible maintenance program. A summary is also presented of conclusions drawn from a questionnaire of 20 states, cities and toll roads by the Bureau of Testing Services.
- Presented at the Twenty-Eighth Annual Ohio Transportation Engineering Conference. Formerly: Ohio Highway Engineering Conference.
Ohio State University, ColumbusDepartment of Civil Engineering
Hitchcock Hall 470
Columbus, OH USA 43210
- Hansen, A H
- Publication Date: 1974-4
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: p. 346-360
- TRT Terms: Economics; Flexibility; Lighting; Maintenance; Overhead traffic signs; Poles (Supports); Safety; Signals; Signs
- Old TRIS Terms: Signal support (Structural)
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00081118
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 26 1975 12:00AM