FOR READING, NO "BANKRUPTCY" IN L&D PERFORMANCE
The Reading Railroad has an organized approach to controlling loss and damage payouts which has seen their relation to gross freight revenues decline appreciably over the past decade. A two-man L&D prevention group works steadily with the railroad's approximately 6,850 online customers on proper loading and blocking techniques and on destination inspections to pinpoint problems. The prevention activity has support of top management and this is made known down throughout the supervisory and contract ranks.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1586268
Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corporation508 Birch Street
Bristol, CT USA 06010
- Welty, G
- Publication Date: 1974-7-29
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight security; Insurance claims; Loss and damage; Loss and damage claims
- Old TRIS Terms: Freight protection; Lading protection; Reading company
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00080881
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1975 12:00AM