AN EFFICIENT, GENERAL METHOD FOR THE ANALYSIS OF GRILLAGES
The transfer matrix method provides a simple approach for the analysis of grillages under general conditions. In contrast to other efficient methods, no simplifying assumptions are made; the transfer matrix approach is exact within the framework of the classical theory of bending and torsion of bars. The technique accepts arbitrary loading, nonprismatic beams, arbitrary spacing, in-span conditions such as supports and releases, and arbitrary boundary conditions. The special features in ship structures such as deck openings, stanchion supports, and various brackets can be easily handled. The theory is readily grasped and implemented in full generality for computer solution.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00224502
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Chang, P Y
- Pilkey, W D
- Publication Date: 1971-6
- Pagination: 153 p.
- TRT Terms: Beams; Structural analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Beams (Structural); Grillage beams
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00016625
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 20 1972 12:00AM