TRANSVERSE VIBRATIONS OF A PROPELLER SHAFT
By use of the Hamiltonian method the complete set of partial differential equations is obtained for the transverse vibrations of a shaft with any number of elastically restrained bearings (intermediate and terminal) when the foundations of the bearings are subjected to independent preassigned shocks. A complete solution of these equations is given in modal form. The eigenvalues and eigenfunctions of frequency are obtained from a set of simultaneous matrix equations representing the propagation of boundary conditions from one bearing to the next.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00224502
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Mott-Smith, H M
- Publication Date: 1971-6
- Pagination: 144 p.
- TRT Terms: Propeller shafts; Propellers; Shafts (Machinery); Shock waves; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Propeller shaft vibration; Propeller vibration; Shaft vibration; Shock loading
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00016624
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 20 1973 12:00AM