NATURAL FREQUENCIES OF A BODY OF REVOLUTION VIBRATING TRANSVERSELY IN A FLUID
A previously developed procedure, in which the natural frequencies of a body vibrating in a fluid are given by the eigenvalues of the potential energy matrix of an elastic body with respect to the combined kinetic energy matrix of the body and fluid, is applied to a body of revolution. Integral relations between the velocity potential on the body and the vibration velocity and the expression for the kinetic energy of the fluid as a surface integral are discretized to obtain a quadratic form for the fluid energy. Integrals for the kinetic and potential energies of the elastic body, taking both bending and shear into account, are also discretized. The method is illustrated by application to a form with assumed inertial and elastic characteristics.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00224502
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Landweber, L
- Publication Date: 1971-6
- Pagination: 97 p.
- TRT Terms: Bodies of revolution; Coefficients; Mass; Natural frequency
- Uncontrolled Terms: Natural frequencies
- Old TRIS Terms: Added mass
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00016621
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 20 1973 12:00AM