FIRST RESULTS OF EXACT ACCIDENT DATA ACQUISITION ON SCENE
For one year now, an interdisciplinary team (engineers, physicians and a psychologist) has been working on an analysis of accident occurences, in Hannover. First results show that only 36% of the accident causes could have been avoided or at least reduced. The analysis of accidents involving pedestrians showed that the more serious injuries were due to the impact with the vehicle and not the road surface.
- Presented at the Third International Conference on Occupant Protection, 1974.
New York, NY USA 10017
- Wanderer, U N
- Weber, H M
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures; Photos; References;
- Pagination: p. 80-94
- TRT Terms: Crash analysis; Crash causes; Crash investigation; Injuries; Pedestrian vehicle interface; Prevention; Safety; Traffic conflicts; Traffic crashes
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00080725
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE Paper No 740568
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 26 1975 12:00AM