THEORETICAL AND EXPERIMENTAL INVESTIGATION ON THE CRASHWORTHINESS OF SMALL CARS
The philosophy, development, and optimization of two Volkswagen experimental safety vehicles are presented: the ESVW I and ESVW II. The optimization processes for crashworthiness and occupant restraints are discussed with respect to efficiency and to cost/benefit considerations.
- Presented at the Third International Conference on Occupant Protection, 1974.
New York, NY USA 10017
- Schimkat, H J
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: p. 131-140
- TRT Terms: Benefit cost analysis; Compact automobiles; Crashworthiness; Economic efficiency; Optimization; Restraint systems; Safety vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency
- Old TRIS Terms: Passenger restraints; Small car
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00080722
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE Paper 740573
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 26 1975 12:00AM