URBAN PORTS AND HARBOR MANAGEMENT: RESPONDING TO CHANGE ALONG U.S. WATERFRONTS
The revival of harbors has created a new urban amenity for America. This book provides useful information for urban planners, public officials and policymakers. Better planning and administration need to address multiple use of harbors and waterfronts. Harbor areas are becoming new shopping areas, dining locals, pedestrian walkways, residential districts as well as continuing to serve in the more traditional role. Considerable attention is given to the public port agency because it has substantial governmental powers and influence that can directly affect harbors and their use.
- ISBN: 0844815470 ISBN: 0844815489 PBK MARC J. HERSHMAN, EDITOR OTHER PHYS. DESCRIPTION: VI ILLUSTRATED INCLUDES BIBLIOGRAPHIES AND INDEX
Taylor & Francis711 Third Avenue
New York, NY United States 10017
- HERSHMAN, M
- Publication Date: 1988
- Pagination: 354 p.
- TRT Terms: Harbors; Port districts
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00439940
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: UC Berkeley Transportation Library
- Files: TLIB
- Created Date: Oct 31 1988 12:00AM