CTA REBUILDS TRACK UNDER TRAFFIC
The author reports how short sections on track of the Chicago Transit Authority are removed and a front-end loader is used to push the roadbed material toward a locomotive crane. Track is rebuilt with new material, including continuous welded rail. While the area is still excavated, the top bridge surfaces over streets and business establishments are waterproofed.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1586268
Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corporation508 Birch Street
Bristol, CT United States 06010
- Dove, R E
- Publication Date: 1974-10-14
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge decks; Maintenance equipment; Maintenance of way; Repairing; Waterproofing; Welded rail
- Identifier Terms: Chicago Transit Authority
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00080348
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 11 1976 12:00AM