Exploration, testing, and design are discussed, including stability of rock slopes; cuts in soil, sand, and clay; non-uniform soils; loess; foundation of fills; and selection of soils for fills.
- This abstract is also contained in "A Bibliography on the Design and Performance of Rail Track Structures", September 1974, RRIS #072794, which was prepared for the Urban Mass Transportation Administration.
American Railway Engineering Association59 East Van Buren Street
Chicago, IL USA 60605
- Publication Date: 1971-1
- Pagination: p. 257-290
- AREA BULLETIN
- Issue Number: 631
- Publisher: American Railway Engineering Association
- TRT Terms: Railroad tracks; Soil mechanics; Stability (Mechanics); Subgrade (Pavements)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Track stability
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00072851
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 11 1976 12:00AM