ELECTRICAL HEATING OF RAILWAY POINTS
The heaters are attached by strips held in position by the existing permanent-way coach screws and small bolts through the rails. This form of heating can be readily fixed in position with considerable ease and the only precaution to observe is that the matting surfaces are thoroughly cleaned and the element attached as closely as possible to the rail.
- This abstract is also contained in "A Bibliography on the Design and Performance of Rail Track Structures", September 1974, RRIS #072794, which was prepared for the Urban Mass Transportation Administration.
Copper Development AssociationLondon 1, England
- Mawet, M J
- Publication Date: 1971
- Pagination: p. 24-25
- Issue Number: 5
- TRT Terms: Cold weather; Heating; Maintenance of way; Operations; Switches (Railroads)
- Old TRIS Terms: Switch heaters
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00072828
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 11 1976 12:00AM