COMPUTER SPOTS RAIL DEFECTS FAST
Survey of applications of computer complex in the computerizing of rail-defect information developed by a fleet of rail detector cars and a variety of portable ultrasonic testing instruments. A monthly printout from Penn Central computer shows rail defects found by special cars and ultrasonic devices. Computer data is also shown to be useful in programming rail renewals.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1586268
- This abstract is also contained in "A Bibliography on the Design and Performance of Rail Track Structures", September 1974, RRIS #072794, which was prepared for the Urban Mass Transportation Administration.
Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corporation508 Birch Street
Bristol, CT USA 06010
- Publication Date: 1970-7
- Pagination: p. 32-33
- TRT Terms: Data processing; Defects; Detection and identification; Detectors; Inspection; Maintenance of way; Rail (Railroads); Railroad tracks; Ultrasonic tests
- Uncontrolled Terms: Rail flaw detection
- Old TRIS Terms: Detector cars; Rail inspection; Track renewals
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00072816
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 11 1976 12:00AM