UP SOLVES A TEMPERATURE PROBLEM
Equipment for reducing the incidence of pull-aparts in winter and kick-outs in summer in continuous welded rail was developed at Teleweld, Inc., in collaboration with Union Pacific. The equipment is comprised of heating and cooling units mounted on track cars. Welded rail is brought to selected anchoring temperature by heater-cooler.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1586268
- This abstract is also contained in "A Bibliography on the Design and Performance of Rail Track Structures", September 1974, RRIS #072794, which was prepared for the Urban Mass Transportation Administration. See also Railway Track and Structures, Vol. 66, No. 1, January 1960, p 16.
Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corporation508 Birch Street
Bristol, CT United States 06010
- Publication Date: 1970-1
- Pagination: p. 26
- TRT Terms: Cold weather; Continuous welded rail; Hot weather; Maintenance equipment; Maintenance of way; Operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Hot weather operations
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00072810
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 11 1976 12:00AM