PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION. VOLUME 28, NUMBERS 9-10
Three papers are devoted to the analysis of what an efficient public transportation system should be. The case is made for a comprehensive National Transportation Study. The example of the North American urban centers is investigated. Present and future transportation trends are explained along with what is presently done to develop a competitive transit system. One paper presents a safety study pertaining to the transportation of radioactive materials through the Mont Blanc's tunnel, with specific packaging recommendations. 39th UITP Congress report. 20th International Railways Congress short report. Also in this issue: Driver's education, the "Flat 124 Special T", and the "Alfa Romeo Giulia 1300 S".
Ministry of Transport and Civil AviationRome, Italy
- Publication Date: 1971-9
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 194 p.
- Trasporti Pubblici
- Volume: 28
- Issue Number: 9-10
- TRT Terms: Competition; Hazardous materials; Packaging; Public transit; Radioactive materials; Transportation; Urban areas
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00072142
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Systems Center
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 16 1975 12:00AM