ENLIGHTENED RAILROAD MARKETING
A series of seven presentations cover various facets of the topic: Marketing opportunities; the railroad market of the future; making the capital decision, pricing philosophy and concept; cost of idle time; the service guarantee; and importance of government policy. The chairman noted that "professional marketing people seek to define customer needs; design a product that can be sold at competitive yet profitable price; then sell the product or service." He added that while there have been railroad marketing innovations, this "has not changed the basic operations of railroading nor has it secured complete commitment to the marketing concept." The railroads cannot be "saved" into prosperity, but must be marketed into viability.
Railway Systems and Management Association181 East Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL United States 60611
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 58 p.
- Railway Management Review
- Issue Number: 1
- Publisher: Railway Systems and Management Association
- TRT Terms: Capital investments; Demand; Freight transportation; Logistics; Market development; Physical distribution; Policy; Pricing
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00071832
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 20 1974 12:00AM