COMPATIBILITY OF HEADLAMP AIM AND INSPECTION
The requirements and disadvantages of the three headlamp aiming methods now employed, visual aiming on a 25 foot screen, mechanical aimers, and headlamp testing machines, are presented. Charts indicate the accuracy of each method, and the probability of acceptance of a unit that is aimed mechanically and inspected by another method is determined. Recent work in the field and future considerations are summarized.
- Presented at International Automotive Engineering Congress, Detroit, 8-12 January 1973. Abstract published in Highway Safety Literature, HSL-73-12, 29 June 1973, p 16.
General Motors CorporationWarren, MI USA 48090
- MURPHY, J W
- Publication Date: 1973-10
- TRT Terms: Accuracy; Charts; Headlamps; Machinery; Screens; Testing equipment; Vehicle lighting
- Old TRIS Terms: Aiming; Mechanical equipment
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00081486
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Literature
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE-730010 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1975 12:00AM