DEVELOPMENTS IN TRACKS WITH CONCRETE FOUNDATIONS
Ninety nine percent of the track in the streets of Zurich are laid on concrete slabs. There are 3 rather serious defects in this method, the track is now laid only on an asphalt course. The method using concrete slabs and the asphalt course method are described.
- This abstract is also contained in "A Bibliography on the Design and Performance of Rail Track Structures", September 1974, RRIS #072794, which was prepared for the Urban Mass Transportation Administration. No. 9 of Wirschaftl. & Techn. Schriftener, pp 47-50, 1969.
Battelle Columbus Laboratories505 King Avenue
Columbus, OH United States 43201
- Sulger-Buel, A
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Concrete; Concrete slab track; Concrete structures; Maintenance of way; Slabs
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00072835
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 11 1976 12:00AM