MODEL EMSE275 DYNAMIC TRACK ANALYZER
A Gulton Dynamic Track Analyzer is described. The Dynamic Track Analyzer performs three distinct functions. These are measurement of track dimensions, prediction of worst case roll amplitude of a selected type of car, and accumulation of a defect count (figure of merit) for each statute mile of track. All of these functions are performed in real time, giving immediate printed results. Train speed and distance traveled are measured and recorded. By operating the business car equipped with analyzer over a given stretch of track, it is possible to produce a chart showing the car roll for any desired type of car. A chart is attached showing the actual measured roll of a particular car over a section of track compared with the predicted roll determined from operating a business car equipped with the analyzer over the same track.
- This abstract is also contained in "A Bibliography on the Design and Performance of Rail Track Structures", September 1974, RRIS #072794, which was prepared for the Urban Mass Transportation Administration.
Gulton Engineered Magnetics Division212 Durham Avenue
Metuchen, NJ United States 08840
- Publication Date: 1971-6
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Defects; Inspection; Maintenance equipment; Maintenance of way; Rail (Railroads); Railroad tracks
- Old TRIS Terms: Track inspection; Track maintenance equipment
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00072805
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Instr. Man
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 11 1976 12:00AM