GUIDE FOR CONTAINER EQUIPMENT INSPECTION
The Institute of International Container Lessors recently announced publication of the first industry-wide inspection guide and repair manuals for steel and aluminum containers. The publications are designed to promote safe transportation of freight containers and should be especially useful to container operators and those concerned with inspection and repair. The GUIDE FOR CONTAINER EQUIPMENT INSPECTION features detailed drawings as well as 20 pages of color photographs that illustrate various types of damage. The pictures distinguish between damage that requires repair work and damage caused through ordinary wear and deterioration. The repair manuals show how the container repairs should be performed. Various chapters deal with repairing rails, side and front panels, roofs, corner fittings, and frames, flooring, doors and other structural damage.
- Order forms for the guide and the two repair manuals (one is for steel freight containers, the other for aluminum freight containers) may be obtained from the Institute.
Institute of International Container Lessors, Ltd12 East 41st Street, Suite 600
New York, NY USA 10017
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Containers; Equipment maintenance; Inspection; Repairing
- Old TRIS Terms: Container inspection; Container maintenance; Container repair
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00071953
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 20 1974 12:00AM