DYNAMICS OF THE INGLIS RAILROAD TRACK
This paper discusses oscillations of railroad tracks under the action of moving loads. Oscillations of a railroad track in accordance with the Inglis model of a track under the action of a moving, unsprung mass associated with a spring-borne mass and damping influences are first discussed. The differential equation which defines the deformation of the rail under the action of the moving load is derived. The behavior of the system near the instability regions of the Mathieu equation is discussed, and the effects of moving, periodically changing loads on the vibrations of a railroad track are also studied.
- Fourth Proceedings of the Congress.
Canadian Congress of Applied MechanicsMontreal, PQ Canada
- Volterra, E
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: References;
- TRT Terms: Deformation; Dynamic tests; Mathematical models; Train track dynamics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic analysis
- Subject Areas: Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00071803
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 20 1974 12:00AM