DEVELOPMENT OF A HEAVY BLOCK FITTING HYDRAULIC UNIT
A new hydraulic unit has been developed for the transfer and fitting of very heavy blocks to the bottom shell in building a large ship. This unit consists of a single jack and two horizontal cylinders mounted on a base incorporating a built-in power unit. The material with a very low friction on the cylinder bottom permits free movement in the four directions of the unit while carrying a load on a stainless steel plate. The development of this unit makes it possible to achieve a rapid shipwright, improvement of shipwright accuracy and liberation from heavy muscular labor. This unit can be widely applied for positioning, and transfer of very heavy loads such as caissons, bridge girders and vehicles in addition to shipbuilding blocks.
Nippon Kokan Kabushiki Kaisha1-1-3, Ohtemachi, Chiyodaku
- Sudo, T
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: p. 155-162
- TRT Terms: Hydraulic equipment; Productivity; Shipbuilding; Shipyards
- Old TRIS Terms: Hydraulic devices; Shipyard mechanization
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00084508
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Japan Shipbuilding Industry Foundation Library
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 60 Tech Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 19 1975 12:00AM