STUDY ON HULL STRUCTURE ANALYSIS
For the purpose of preventing damages in the periphery of bottom transverse slot in tankers and other large ships, the authors carried out various tests and experiments, with a view to adopting the crab eye type slot (a design in which a part of transverse web is fixed to the face plate of longitudinal). Among the results of these works, those of static strength have already been presented in a first report and the present report covers the study of fatigue strength and the applicability to an actual ship. The present study revealed the excellent fatigue strength of the crab eye type slot superior to that of the conventional slot. From the viewpoint of shipbuilding processes, the crab eye type is more favorable.
Nippon Kokan Kabushiki Kaisha1-1-3, Ohtemachi, Chiyodaku
- Hata, K
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: p. 143-154
- TRT Terms: Bulk carriers; Fatigue strength; Hulls; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull structures
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00084492
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Japan Shipbuilding Industry Foundation Library
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 50 Tech. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1975 12:00AM