VEHICLE EXTERIORS AND PEDESTRIAN INJURY PREVENTION. VOLUME V-A 3-D. MATH SIMULATION OF A CRASH VICTIM EXTENSION AND VALIDATION STUDY
The volume describes various additions and extensions of an occupant model needed to simulate the pedestrian accident victim and the model's performance in simulating the drop tests of Volume IV. The modifications included changes to the victim-vehicle interaction subroutines, victim geometry, and vehicle geometry. Portions of this document are not fully legible.
- See also PB-242 067. Prepared by Texas A and M Research Foundation, College Station.
Arlington, TX USA 76011
Washington, DC USA 20590
Texas A&M Research FoundationCollege Station, TX USA 77843
- Young, R D
- Lammert, W F
- Ross, HEJ
- Publication Date: 1975-5
- Pagination: 342 p.
- TRT Terms: Anthropometry; Computer programs; Crash investigation; Crash severity; Impact tests; Injuries; Kinematics; Mathematical models; Motor vehicles; Pedestrian movement; Pedestrian-vehicle crashes; Prevention; Quantitative analysis; Simulation; Vehicle characteristics
- Old TRIS Terms: Exteriors
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00091499
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: RF-814-1-Vol-4 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-065-1-217
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 24 1975 12:00AM