FEDERALLY COORDINATED PROGRAM OF RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT IN HIGHWAY TRANSPORTATION. VOLUME 1. IMPROVED HIGHWAY DESIGN AND OPERATION FOR SAFETY
This category is addressed to the Congressional authorization under the Highway Safety Act of 1970 to conduct safety research related to the 'three and one-half standards' of the highway safety program for which FHWA is responsible as well as other safety-related activity. There are a total of sixteen active projects under this category, eight of which relate to geometrics and traffic control for safety, two deal with operations under adverse environments, two with accident analysis and reduction strategy, and four with new hardware or construction techniques to improve safety.
- Paper copy also available in set of 7 reports as PB-242 057-SET, PC$42.00.
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-1-1
- Pagination: 468 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Crash investigation; Design standards; Geometric design; Highway planning; Highway transportation; Prevention; Safety; Safety engineering; Traffic control
- Identifier Terms: Highway Safety act
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00091491
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/RD-FCP-002
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 24 1975 12:00AM