DEVELOPMENT OF A SCHOOL BUS FUEL SYSTEM INTEGRITY COMPLIANCE PROCEDURE
This report presents a program that derived a compliance test procedure for school buses with a gross vehicle weight of 10,000 pounds or greater. The objective of this program was to evaluate RMVSS 301 in relation to school buses, conduct a limited state-of-the-art survey and run full-scale dynamic tests to produce an effective procedure that will improve the crashworthiness of school bus fuel systems.
Ultrasystems, IncorporatedDynamic Science Division, 1850 West Pinnacle Peak Road
Phoenix, AZ United States 85027
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Morrow, G W
- Johnson, N B
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Features: Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 59 p.
- TRT Terms: Buses; Crashes; Crashworthiness; Fuel tanks; Impact tests; Performance evaluations; Performance tests; Safety engineering; School buses; Testing
- Subject Areas: Highways; Public Transportation; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00091467
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT HS-801 529 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-4-00872
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 24 1975 12:00AM