FINITE ELEMENT FORMULATION AND SOLUTION OF CONTACT-IMPACT PROBLEMS IN CONTINUUM MECHANICS-II
Hertzian contact-impact problems are solved which demonstrate the veracity of the numerical algorithm employed. The importance of the impact and release conditions is emphasized. A methodology is developed for nonlinear contact/impact problems. The formulation is applicable to motor vehicle accident research.
- See also report dated May 74, AD-A011 054.
Naval Civil Engineering LaboratoryPoint Mugu
Port Hueneme, CA United States 93041
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Hughes, T J
- TAYLOR, R L
- Sackman, J L
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Pagination: 55 p.
- TRT Terms: Classical field theory; Crash injury research; Crashes; Finite element method; Force; Impacts; Kinematics; Kinetics; Numerical analysis; Research
- Old TRIS Terms: Force mechanics; Hertzian fracture
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00091462
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UCSESM-75-3, Final Report
- Contract Numbers: N62399-73-C-0023, DOT_HS-5-01132
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 24 2002 12:00AM