FINITE ELEMENT FORMULATION AND SOLUTION OF CONTACT-IMPACT PROBLEMS IN CONTINUUM MECHANICS
This report presents a general theory of contract-impact problems cast in a variational theorem suitable for implementation with the finite element method. The numerical scheme is described as is the structural analysis computer code in which it is contained.
University of California, San DiegoLa Jolla Institute of Geophysics and Planetary Physics
La Jolla, CA United States
Naval Civil Engineering LaboratoryPoint Mugu
Port Hueneme, CA United States 93041
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Hughes, T J
- TAYLOR, R L
- Sackman, J L
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Pagination: 101 p.
- TRT Terms: Boundary value problems; Classical field theory; Computer programs; Crash injury research; Crashes; Finite differences; Finite element method; Force; Impacts; Kinematics; Kinetics; Numerical analysis; Research
- Identifier Terms: FORTRAN (Computer program language)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00091459
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UCSESM-74-8 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N62399-73-C-0023, DOT-HS-5-01132
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 24 1975 12:00AM