INSTRUMENTATION OF MAUMEE BAY LIGHT NO. 30 FOR ICE FORCE MEASUREMENT
Maumee Bay Light No. 30, Toledo, Ohio, was instrumented to obtain measurements of ice force on the structure. Measurements were obtained for a period of eighty hours during January 1974 when ice was present in the vicinity of the structure. Impulse force levels as high as 4.5 g's with repetition rates of 70 per minute for periods ranging from several minutes to several hours were observed.
United States Coast GuardResearch and Development Center, 1082 Shennecossett Road
Groton, CT United States 06340-6096
- Welsh, J P
- Anderson, E J
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 77 p.
- TRT Terms: Force; Ice; Instrumentation; Loads; Measurement; Navigation lights; Navigational aids; Structural engineering; Structures
- Old TRIS Terms: Force levels; Force mechanics; Navigational lights
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures;
- Accession Number: 00091453
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CGR/DC-27-74 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jul 24 1975 12:00AM