STUDY OF POST-CRASH FACTORS IN AUTOMOBILE COLLISIONS. VOLUME 2
This is the final report of the results of a study into post-crash factors, fire, submergence, fuel leakage, and extrication-evacuation in automobile collisions. This is a special studies effort as a part of the Utah Multidisciplinary Highway Crash Investigation Research. The report presents the study area statistics with respect to the driving population, vehicle population, and accident population; and compares these statistics to the State of Utah and national statistics in order to assess the study area representativeness. The incidence rates for each of the four post-crash factors was assessed based on data collected over a one-year period.
- See also Volume 1, PB-241 585.
Utah Auto Crash Research TeamSalt Lake City, UT USA
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Austin, J A
- Wagner, F R
- Hogan, A
- Bryner, G
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Pagination: 170 p.
- TRT Terms: Collisions; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Evacuation; Fires; Fuel systems; Fuel tanks; Leakage; Multidisciplinary teams; Postcrash phase; Research; Search and rescue operations; Statistics; Traffic crashes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Geographic Terms: Utah
- Old TRIS Terms: Post-crash; Submerging
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00091436
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-047-1-063
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM