WATER DRAINAGE FROM HIGHWAY FILLS
The objectives of the present study are to determine the conditions that lead to fill slides on highways in Kansas and to develop means of preventing or halting such slides. This interim report is being prepared to relate progress in the study, describe the general fill conditions, installation of drains to remove trapped water, and the observations made to date.
Kansas State Highway CommissionState Office Building
Topeka, KS United States 66612
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Clark, P C
- Crumpton, C F
- Gilliland, W J
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 45 p.
- TRT Terms: Building; Drainage; Drains; Dyes; Embankments; Facilities; Fills; Highways; Installation; Landslides; Limestone; Prevention; Slope stability; Slopes; Soil stabilization; Trees; Water areas
- Uncontrolled Terms: Surface waters
- Geographic Terms: Kansas
- Subject Areas: Construction; Geotechnology; Highways; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Maintenance and Preservation; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00091421
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: K-I-72-1 Intrm Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM