THE VOICE OF THE TRANSPORTATION CONSUMER. A REPORT TO THE SECRETARY OF TRANSPORTATION ON NATIONWIDE CONSUMER PUBLIC HEARINGS CONDUCTED BY THE OFFICE OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS, 1971-1974. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
The Executive Summary includes the background and objectives of the 54 nationwide transportation consumer public hearings held 1971-1974, an overview of the findings, and a summary of transportation concerns identified at the hearings. Subject areas include: Balanced transportation; transportation planning; transportation funding; citizen participation in transportation planning; elderly and handicapped; energy; environment; rural transportation; technology; automobile; aviation; bicycles; bus; highways; motorcycles; pedestrians; rail; rapid transit; trucks; water transportation.
- Paper copy also available in set of 2 reports as PB-241 778-SET, PC$19.00.
Department of TransportationOffice of Consumer Affairs, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Pagination: 116 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Aviation safety; Consumers; Energy; Energy conservation; Environmental impacts; Environmental quality; Finance; Methodology; Persons with disabilities; Public hearings; Public opinion; Public participation; Questionnaires; Rural areas; Transportation; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Financial management; Transportation management; Transportation problems
- Old TRIS Terms: Consumer relations
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Finance; Research; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00091416
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/TES/OCA-75/1 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 15 1976 12:00AM