MULTIDISCIPLINARY ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION PROGRAM
This is the final report of a three phase project in traffic safety. The phases included (1) In-depth investigation of 55 selected, severe motor vehicle accidents; (2) a one year study of post-crash factors in automobile collisions; and (3) supplementary studies. A summary of the 55 multidisciplinary accident investigations is presented as well as a compilation of the findings of each investigation, and an investigation of the effectiveness of occupant restrants. Portions of this document are not fully legible.
University of Utah, Salt Lake CityInstitute for Biomedical Engineering
Salt Lake City, UT USA 84112
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Wagner, F R
- Austin, J A
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Pagination: 317 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Collisions; Crash causes; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Design standards; Highways; Human factors engineering; Manual safety belts; Multidisciplinary teams; Postcrash phase; Research; Safety engineering; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Old TRIS Terms: Post-crash
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00091415
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UTEC-ME-74-043 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-047-1-063
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM