VARIABLE CYCLE SIGNAL TIMING PROGRAM. VOLUME 4. PREDICTION ALGORITHMS, SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS, AND LOGICAL FLOW DIAGRAMS
The objective of the effort was to develop advanced, 'Third Generation' Traffic Control Policies and part of the Urban Traffic Control Systems (UTCS) Project. These policies are designed to be implemented on a system of urban streets by a digital computer, in real-time. Volume 4 presents the formulation and evaluation of several models designed to predict approach-specific traffic volumes. Supplementary surveillance hardware requirements are estimated and detailed logical flow diagrams of the Third-Generation software are provided.
- Paper copy also available in set of 4 reports as PB-241 716-SET, PC$22.00.
KLD Associates, Incorporated47 Mall Drive, Suite 8
Commack, NY USA 11725-5717
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Lieberman, E B
- McShane, W R
- Goldblatt, R B
- Wicks, D
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Pagination: 231 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic control; Computer programming; Computer programs; Digital computers; Highway traffic control; Mathematical models; Optimization; Real time control; Real time data processing; Scheduling; Signal lights; Streets; Traffic control; Traffic flow; Traffic models; Traffic signal timing; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Traffic control systems
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00091413
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: KLD-TR-24 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-7924
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 15 1981 12:00AM