VARIABLE CYCLE SIGNAL TIMING PROGRAM. VOLUME 3. CYRANO: CYCLE-FREE RESPONSIVE ALGORITHMS FOR NETWORK OPTIMIZATION: MODERATE, CONGESTED, AND LIGHT FLOW REGIMES
The objective of the effort was to develop advanced, 'Third-Generation' Traffic Control Policies as part of the Urban Traffic Control Systems (UTCS) Project. These policies are designed to be implemented on a system of urban streets by a digital computer, in real-time. Volume 3 presents the formulation and preliminary evaluation of the traffic control policies developed for the light, moderate, and congested flow regimes. These were recommended for on-line implementation.
- Paper copy also available in set of 4 reports as PB-241 716-SET, PC$22.00.
KLD Associates, Incorporated47 Mall Drive, Suite 8
Commack, NY USA 11725-5717
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Lieberman, E B
- McShane, W R
- Goldblatt, R B
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Pagination: 214 p.
- TRT Terms: Algorithms; Automatic control; Computer programs; Digital computers; Highway traffic control; Mathematical models; Optimization; Real time control; Real time data processing; Scheduling; Signal lights; Streets; Traffic control; Traffic flow; Traffic models; Traffic signal timing; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Traffic control systems
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00091412
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: KLD-TR-14 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-7924
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 15 1981 12:00AM