VARIABLE CYCLE SIGNAL TIMING PROGRAM. VOLUME 2. PHASE I. OPTIMIZATION OF TRAFFIC SIGNALS IN NETWORKS BY MIXED INTEGER LINEAR PROGRAMMING
The objective of the effort was to develop advanced, 'Third Generation' Traffic Control Policies as part of the Urban Traffic Control Systems (UTCS) Project. These policies are designed to be implemented on a system of urban streets by a digital computer, in real-time. Volume 2 presents two mixed-integer linear programming formulations developed to optimize cycle-based traffic signal timing patterns to service the moderate flow-regime. The more appealing formulation addresses the coupling of all control variables: split offset and cycle length.
- Paper copy also available in set of 4 reports as PB-241 716-SET, PC$22.00.
KLD Associates, Incorporated47 Mall Drive, Suite 8
Commack, NY United States 11725-5717
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Little, JDC
- Gartner, N
- Gabbay, H
- Springer, M
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Pagination: 196 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic control; Computer programs; Digital computers; Linear programming; Mathematical models; Optimization; Real time control; Real time data processing; Scheduling; Signal lights; Streets; Traffic control; Traffic flow; Traffic models; Traffic signal timing; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Traffic control systems
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00091411
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: KLD-TR-12 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-7924
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 15 1981 12:00AM