INVENTORY OF FREIGHT TRANSPORTATION IN THE SOUTHWEST/PART II: MOTOR COMMON CARRIER SERVICE IN THE DALLAS-FORT WORTH AREA
The report provides an inventory of existing motor common carrier freight transportation facilities, services, and practices in the twenty-four Texas and two Oklahoma counties surrounding and including Dallas and Fort Worth. For inventory purposes, common carriers have been divided into seven categories: general motor freight, agricultural and other ICC exempt commodities, refrigerated commodities, heavy haulers, bulk commodities, and vehicle haulers. Detailed information for each classification of common carrier includes the number of trucks, estimated number of firms represented, intercity loads, total loads, intercity haulage, and total haulage. The inventory also provides estimates for total volume of general freight, delivery time for truckload and LTL shipments, terminal capacities, load factors, seasonal fluctuations, and the pattern of motor common carrier freight movements.
- See also Part 1, PB-241 703.
University of Texas, AustinCouncil for Advanced Transportation Studies
Austin, TX USA 78712
Department of TransportationOffice of University Research, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Adain, J B
- WILSON, J S
- Publication Date: 1973-12
- Pagination: 92 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo handling; Bulk carriers; Commodity flow; Common carriers; Economic conditions; Economic impacts; Forecasting; Freight forwarders; Freight service; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Intermodal services; Intermodal terminals; Inventory; Motor carriers; Motor vehicles; Private trucking; Shipments; Trade; Traffic forecasting; Transportation operations; Trucks
- Uncontrolled Terms: Trade patterns; Transportation management
- Geographic Terms: Oklahoma; Texas
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk transporters; Cargo transportation; Commodity shipments; Freight shippers; Terminal facilities
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Highways; Motor Carriers; Railroads; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00091408
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: RR-5 Res. Rpt., DOT-TST-73-30
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-30093
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM