AN IMPROVED THREE DIMENSIONAL COMPUTER SIMULATION OF VEHICLE CRASH VICTIMS. VOLUME I. ENGINEERING MANUAL
A digital computer program to simulate in three dimension one or more motor vehicle crash victims either occupant or pedestrian has been developed. The ground work for the program was performed in Phases I and II. In the present version, numerous improvements in the modeling have been made. In this version, disjoint sets of connected rigid bodies may be specified simulating multiple victims and victim interaction. Additional ellipsoids and/or planes may be attached to any segment. Position, rolling and sliding constraints between segments is now a user option. Modeling of impulsive forces arising at first contact has been incorporated. Improved modeling of joint-stop torques plus the capability of locking and unlocking joints has been added to the program. The work is in 4 volumes.
- See also PB-241 693.
Calspan Corporation4455 Genesee Street
Buffalo, NY United States 14225
Washington, DC United States 20590
- FLECK, J T
- BUTLER, F E
- Vogel, S L
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Pagination: 289 p.
- TRT Terms: Anatomy; Arm; Casualties; Computer programs; Dynamic loads; Equations of motion; Joints (Anatomy); Leg; Loads; Mathematical models; Motion; Pedestrians; Safety equipment; Simulation; Torque; Traffic crashes; Vehicle occupants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic response; Motor vehicle accidents
- Old TRIS Terms: Leg anatomy
- Subject Areas: Highways; Passenger Transportation; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00091400
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CALSPAN-AQ5180-L-1V1Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-053-2-485
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM