UNIFORM TIRE QUALITY GRADING TREADWEAR
The purpose of this wear testing was to determine the suitability of the ASTM-G78-15 standard traction tire as a control for treadwear test as specified in Federal Register March 7, 1973. It was evident that after 4,000 miles of testing that the ASTM tire used as a control was an extremely long wearing tire. The tire is relatively insensitive to minor route changes. An attempt to introduce major route changes resulted in shoulder separations and groove cracking.
Compliance Testing IncorporatedP.O. Box 351
Ravenna, OH United States 44266
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Shearer, J E
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Pagination: 65 p.
- TRT Terms: Durability; Durability tests; Population forecasting; Quality assurance; Road tests; Service life; Tire treads; Tires; Wear
- Subject Areas: Design; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00091391
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-026-3-605
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM