TARGET ACQUISITION PERFORMANCE OF A SATELLITE BASED MULTIPLE ACCESS SURVEILLANCE SYSTEM
A quantitative description of the detection performance of a satellite-based surveillance system is presented. This system is one which has been proposed for CONUS coverage in an advanced air traffic control system. In addition, the computer program which was used to simulate the random access surveillance link for this system is described. This computer program is appliable for analysis of a broad range of random access surveillance systems.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Goldfein, H D
- Publication Date: 1975-3
- Pagination: 98 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Communications satellites; Computer programs; Radio links; Simulation; Tracking systems
- Uncontrolled Terms: Target acquisition
- Old TRIS Terms: Air surveillance
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00091388
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-OST-73-27 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM