ACTUATOR PROGRAM FOR FRONTAGE ROAD CONTROL
A computer program that will operate in minicomputers located at diamond interchanges along the frontage road of North Central Expressway in Dallas is described. The minicomputers, referred to in this report as actuators, will be part of a larger computer control system that will coordinate the operation of the frontage road signals. This report describes the actuator program both functionally (i.e., for the traffic engineer's information) and technically (i.e., for the computer specialist's information). The program logic, which is shown in detailed flow charts, may be useful in other computer controlled traffic applications.
- Report on Dallas Corridor Study.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
Washington, DC United States 20590
- White, B
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 313 p.
- TRT Terms: Actuators; Computer programs; Computers; Control systems; Design; Frontage roads; Highway traffic control; Interchanges; Logic circuits; Minicomputers; Telemetry; Traffic control
- Geographic Terms: Texas
- Old TRIS Terms: Logic design; Traffic control systems
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00091384
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TM-953-6
- Contract Numbers: FH-11-7964
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM