PASSENGER CAR AND LIGHT TRUCK SHOCK ABSORBER INSPECTION EQUIPMENT. VOLUME I. SUMMARY REPORT
Four commercial on-the-vehicle shock absorber testers were evaluated for suitability with periodic motor vehicle inspection programs. Tests were conducted on these four testers with five vehicles using shock absorbers of known quality. A study was also conducted to determine the effects and modes of shock absorber degradation, and the range of shock absorber damping in the prevailing vehicle population.
- See also Volume 2, PB-241 605.
Tracor Jitco, Incorporated1300 East Jefferson Street
Rockville, MD United States 20852
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Wooten, R D
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Damping (Physics); Equipment tests; Inspection; Motor vehicles; Passenger vehicles; Reliability; Shock absorbers; Testing; Testing equipment; Trucks; Vibration tests
- Uncontrolled Terms: Degradation; Motor vehicle inspection
- Old TRIS Terms: Test equipment
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00091382
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TJ-102-019-Vol-1 Final Rpt., HS-801 527
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-256-3-755
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 15 1989 12:00AM