VEHICLE SCHEDULING AND DRIVER RUN CUTTING. RUCUS PACKAGE OVERVIEW
This report describes the Run Cutting and Scheduling (RUCUS) package, which is a set of computer programs designed to assist in headway sheet development, vehicle scheduling and driver run cutting. The purpose of using computer programs for this task is to cut down on the time involved in designing schedules while improving the accuracy of the finished product. The RUCUS package seeks to avoid the three major pitfalls which have been responsible for a lack of success in previous attempts to design a computer scheduling system. The RUCUS package attempts to cover all phases of the scheduling department's activities, yet still be suitable for stage or partial implementation.
- Supersedes Rept. no. PB-222 675.
Mitre Corporation1820 Dolley Madison Boulevard
McLean, VA United States 22102
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Roberts, K R
- Publication Date: 1973-11
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus lines; Computer programming; Computer programs; Drivers; Field tests; Headways; Optimization; Passenger transportation; Problem solving; Run cutting; Scheduling; Time; Urban transportation; Vehicles
- Identifier Terms: FORTRAN (Computer program language)
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Motor Carriers; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00091365
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: M71-58-Rev-2
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 15 1981 12:00AM