NORWALK BUS TRANSPORTATION STUDY
The report reviews the existing bus system of Norwalk, Connecticut, and how it evolved, and offers alternative courses of action that will provide adequate levels of transit service to Norwalk citizens. Structured so that they can be phased in sequence, four alternatives are presented separately in such a way that combinations of features can be made to form new alternatives which may be more responsive to local inputs. The four alternatives proposed are: Preservation of existing bus service; traditional transit improvements; a local system that would eliminate intercity service by local bus transit to enable concentration of resources in Norwalk and in other neighboring cities with local bus systems; and a new concept approach for comprehensive transit improvement, involving two types of service structured to complement one another.
- Prepared in cooperation with Norwalk Community Development Action Plan, Conn.
Tri-State Regional Planning Commission100 Church Street
New York, NY United States 10007
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
Norwalk Community Development Action PlanNorwalk, CT United States
- Publication Date: 1973-1
- Pagination: 113 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus lines; Bus transit; Costs; Environmental impacts; Environmental quality; Feasibility analysis; Level of service; Planning; Recommendations; Reliability; Reviews; Technological innovations; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Compatibility; Services
- Geographic Terms: Connecticut
- Old TRIS Terms: Bus transportation (Intracity); Comprehensive planning
- Subject Areas: Environment; Finance; Highways; Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Research;
- Accession Number: 00091358
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TS-7610
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM