NOISE EMISSIONS AND BUILDING STRUCTURAL VIBRATION LEVELS FROM THE SUPERSONIC CONCORDE AND SUBSONIC TURBOJET AIRCRAFT
Noise emissions and building structural vibration levels were measured during landing and take off operations of the Anglo/French supersonic aircraft (Concorde) and from some conventional subsonic turbojet aircraft. Measurements were made at both the Fairbanks International Airport, Fairbanks, Alaska and at the Logan International Airport, Boston, Massachusetts. This report contains graphic level time history recordings, tabulated peak RMS noise and vibration levels measured, EPNL/PNLT history data, and 1/3 octave frequency spectra of selected events.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Rickley, E J
- QUINN, R W
- SUSSAN, N R
- Publication Date: 1975-3
- Pagination: 260 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft noise; Airports; Dynamic structural analysis; Jet propelled aircraft; Landing; Noise; Structural analysis; Subsonic flow; Supersonic transport planes; Takeoff; Turbojet engines; Vibration
- Identifier Terms: Concorde (Supersonic transport); Fairbanks International Airport; Logan International Airport
- Geographic Terms: Alaska; Massachusetts
- Old TRIS Terms: Noise emission; Noise exposure; Structural vibration; Takeoff and landing; Vibrational spectra
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Environment; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00091352
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-OST-74-35 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM