TESTS WITH COAXIAL TACAN ANTENNA AT DOPPLER VERY HIGH FREQUENCY OMNIRANGE (VOR)
The report describes the performance of Doppler very high frequency omnirange (DVOR) systems with and without a coaxially located tactical air navigation (TACAN) antenna. Flight tests were conducted to determine double-sideband DVOR (DSDVOR) and single-sideband DVOR (SSDVOR) system performance for each condition. Test results show that the error of a SSDVOR station will increase plus or minus 1.8 degrees when a TACAN antenna is coaxially located. The DSDVOR system error will increase an average of plus or minus 0.25 degrees with the installation of a TACAN antenna coaxially. It is recommended that the TACAN antenna be considered for coaxial location when DSDVOR is used.
NATIONAL AVIATION FACILITIES EXPERIMENTAL CENTERATLANTIC CITY, NJ United States
- BELL, W E
- Publication Date: 1975-5
- Pagination: 49 p.
- TRT Terms: Antennas; Doppler navigation; Radio; Tactical air navigation system; Transmission; Very high frequency
- Old TRIS Terms: Doppler system; Omnidirectional; Radio ranges
- Accession Number: 00091326
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-NA-74-58 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM