STUDY OF POST-CRASH FACTORS IN AUTOMOBILE COLLISIONS. VOLUME 1
The investigated post-crash factors such as fire, submergence, fuel leakage, and extrication-evacuation in automobile collisions. The study presents statistics with respect to the driving population, vehicle population, and accident population of the 5-county area surveyed and compares these statistics to the state of Utah and national statistics. The incidence rates for each of the four post-crash factors was assessed based on data collected over a one-year period. The standard police report and a supplemental accident report were used to identify the post-crash factors of interest.
Utah Auto Crash Research TeamSalt Lake City, UT USA
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Austin, J A
- Wagner, F R
- Hogan, A
- Bryner, G
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Pagination: 104 p.
- TRT Terms: Collisions; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Fires; Fuel systems; Gasoline; Leakage; Research; Statistical analysis; Statistics; Traffic crashes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Extrication; Motor vehicle accidents
- Geographic Terms: Utah
- Old TRIS Terms: Submerging
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00091323
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-047-1-063
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM