INTEGRATION OF TRANSIT SYSTEMS. VOLUME 1. CONCEPTS STATUS, AND CRITERIA
The institutional, operational and physical forms of transit integration and the intermodal and interagency approaches are defined and discussed. Current transit integration efforts are described. Standards for evaluating existing transit systems are developed from a concept of an ideal system and typical deficiencies of U.S. systems and their causes are described. These standards are then used to evaluate and compare transit systems of London, Hamburg, and Paris with those of three U.S. urban areas. Criteria are presented for selecting demonstration projects. Also considered are benefits and costs involved in improving public transit through integration and related measures.
- Paper copy also available in set of 4 reports as PB-241 269-SET, PC$25.00.
Interplan Corporation100 North Hope Avenue
Santa Barbara, CA United States
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Krzyczkowski, R
- Vuchic, V
- Remak, R
- Publication Date: 1973-5
- Pagination: 145 p.
- Volume: 1
- TRT Terms: Administration; Commuter service; Coordination; Financing; Foreign; Government funding; Integrated systems; Interagency relations; Light rail transit; Management; Methodology; Policy; Public transit; Rapid transit; Regional planning; Transit operating agencies; Transportation; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Upgrades (Roads); Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Integration; Systems management; Transportation management
- Geographic Terms: Europe; France; Germany; United Kingdom; United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies; Transit companies; Upgrade
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00091306
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 7123-R
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 26 1981 12:00AM