INTEGRATION OF TRANSIT SYSTEMS
Methods and benefits of intermodal and managerial coordination of urban transportation systems. Describes successfully integrated European systems and discusses adaptability of their solutions to U.S. Problems: identifies urban areas with potential for integration: and presents plans for integration in 3 SMSA. Discussion includes criteria for evaluating transit operations and demonstration projects, and summary evaluations of deficiencies of U.S. Transit systems that were surveyed. 4 volumes--summary volume (PB 241 723), volume 1--concepts, status, & criteria (PB 241 270), volume 2--integrated European transit systems (PB 241 271), volume 3--transit integration in U.S. Urban areas (PB 241 272).
Interplan Corporation100 North Hope Avenue
Santa Barbara, CA United States
- Publication Date: 1973-5
- Pagination: 872 p.
- TRT Terms: Commuter service; Financing; Government funding; Light rail transit; Mathematical models; Policy; Public transit; Rapid transit; Regional planning; Transit operating agencies; Transportation; Transportation planning; Urban transit; Urban transportation
- Geographic Terms: Europe
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies; Transportation models and systems; Urban/mass
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00091305
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: One-Time
- Files: TSR, TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1981 12:00AM